June 23: Walking in the Light


1 John 1:7 “But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.”
John 14: 21-23 “He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
Vs 22  Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
Vs 23  Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.”



God is light, and in Him there is no darkness at all. God made man in His image and after His likeness. God made man to fellowship with Him. It was the love-hungry heart of the Father God that is the reason for the creation of man. God made you to fellowship with Him. 1 John 1:3 tells us that our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. We are the image of God to reveal and reflect Him to the world. In fellowship with God, we are empowered to manifest the divine nature. Walking in the light is all about walking in fellowship with God.
Today’s opening Scripture tells us what it means to fellowship with God and the dynamics of it. It says if we walk in the light, as God is in the light, we have fellowship one with another. Note the expression ‘if’. ‘If’ here shows that our co-operation is required to initiate fellowship with God. It tells us that if we walk in the light, which means we are to make up our mind to walk in the light. We are to exercise our will in walking in the light. It says if we walk in the light as He is in the light, then we have fellowship with God. The question is: What does it mean to walk in the light? Well, the Word of God is light (Psalms 119:105). Walking in the light, therefore, is walking according to the Word of God. When you let the Word illuminate you and you walk in the light of it, you are walking in the light. Glory be to God.
Our fellowship with the Father God is in the realm of light. When we walk according to the Word, then we have fellowship with Him. Steps outside the Word are steps out of sync with God. John 14:21, 23 tells us: “He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. And Jesus answered and said unto him, if a man loves me, he will keep my words; and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.” This is fellowship with God, keeping the Word; walking in the light of the Word, having one’s steps ordered by the Word.
My Solid Front (Confession): In the Name of Jesus Christ, I declare that I am walking in the light of the Word, and I give no place to the devil. My heart is illuminated by the Word and I walk in the realm of eternal light. Amen.
Further Meditation: Isaiah 60:1-3; John 1:1-9.

Comments

Popular Posts