Why Tithe?

What’s your thought about tithing? Do you think God wants us to really tithe? Am a strong believer of paying tithe and I do that on a regular basis as the Lord blesses me. However, my main focus today is how much percentage should you pay, do you stick to the normal 10% or pay more or even pay less.

Am at work presently and was discussing with one of my colleague. She was like a Muslim told her that we Christian’s stress ourselves too much, God is considerate and knows that you don’t have to pay up to the ten percent. In Nigerian currency she is paid 20,000 naira so her tithe naturally should be 2,000 naira but since her discussion with the Muslim woman she has resulted to paying 1,000 naira.

My question now is, what should determine what percentage of tithe you pay? I strongly believe that it should be based on your faith and conviction, if your faith carries above 10% then great! But I don’t really think it should be less. Some might argue with this but that’s just my opinion.

 God’s word to us is so that we can have the best. Let us try to walk in faith with him so that the windows of heaven can be opened over our lives.


God bless you and don’t forget to comment.

Comments

Popular Posts